Dr. Janet Johnson is a nationally and internationally known
Social Media scholar who specializes in Social Media Communications, Political Rhetoric, and Journalism. Dr. Johnson is currently a Clinical Assistant Professor at The University of Texas at Dallas. She teaches communication classes for Arts and Technology and Emerging Media and Communications.
Dr. Janet Johnson’s research specialties are:
- Social Media Communication
- Political Rhetoric (specifically Presidential Campaigns, White House social media usage)
- Rhetorical Analysis
She explores how people communicate and disseminate information through digital media to create a rhetorical impact.
- Professor Evaluates Importance, Strategy of Twitter in Elections
- Social Media Tips from UT-Dallas Expert
- How to get over oversharing on Facebook, Twitter and Beyond
- Anonymous Sports Fans Spread Hate Online
- Should Sports Fans be More Responsible on Twitter?
- UT Dallas Social Media Expert to Attend, Live-Tweet State of the Union
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,00 Birthday Party
- Online Quizzes May Have you Revealing More Than You Think